ChromaTalk Archives: 2013
Paul DeRocco  outlined his Digital Chroma project, "a Chroma with the guts replaced with a 48-voice soft synth … It runs on an Intel dual core Atom processor, under Linux." It is stereo, high resolution resonance, and 4-pole filters, among many other things. See NAMM Anyone?, January.
Parameter Chart Updates
Continued improvements to the new parameter chart, including hyperlinks to the on-site manuals; three entries for Set Split 20: stock, Syntech, and CC+; separate entries for Set Split parameters P2 and P3 for Syntech and CC+; and various fixes and updates. See Parameter Chart Version 2.1, Feburary.
The strange case of EPROMs and I/O board chips growing "white whiskers," pushing through the packaging and extending 10mm+ all around the chip on Mike Todd's Chroma. Perhaps a result of acidic vapour from battery leakage and/or humidity. Includes some input from NASA! See Fuzzy chips, January.
Other threads of note:
- My sad Chroma story (stolen Chroma), February
- CC+ Expander (only?) implementation - voice allocation, spill-over - discussion of polyphony and the Expander, March
- knob box design and display sets? - discussion of alphanumeric displays, April-May
- editor - discussion of Chroma editing via the iPad, October
- Chroma 21030244: 600th Chroma in Registry, October
Troubleshooting and tech threads:
- Keyboard Triggering Problem, January
- squeeking oscillator, January
- Some Chroma Troubles with CC+, January
- It's alive but not tuning, February
- AT unresponsive with CPS kit, February
- Rhodes Chroma (not making sound), February
- New to midi and bcr2000, February
- click noise on envelope, April
- No output on mono outs (blown resistor) and general tuning/beating question, June
- part value check---> c9 on EQ board?, June
- 0027 is now mine - new owner, no sound, July-August-September
- Arp Branded Voice Card Filter Issue, August-September