ChromaTalk Archives: 2010
With over 1000 messages posted, this was by far the busiest year on the list to date. This page contains a few highlights, but there were so many interesting and valuable threads that it's worth reviewing the contents for each month.
Joining a growing list of amazing upgrades that have recently become available is this kit by Chris Borman [21030194+]. The Pressure Sensor adds polyphonic keyboard pressure or after touch capabilities to the Chroma (this was a planned upgrade for the instrument during production in the early 1980s, but only a very few retrofits were ever shipped or installed).
See Chroma Pressure Sensor update, January; CPS update, February; CPS Kit update, March; CPS Update, April; Quick and Dirty CPS kit installation instructions and CPS - An experience, June. See also Pressure Sensor Retrofit Kit.
A large 97-knob physical controller for the CPU Plus-equipped Chroma, with a 16x2 display that shows the parameter and value of the last knob. Designed and built by Randel Osborne . See Chroma Enabler, February; and Enabler Update, April.
External Alphanumeric Display
The CPU Plus (CC+) now supports an external display for the Rhodes Chroma/Rhodes Chroma Expander, via a firmware release. David Clarke [21030085++] writes, "The hope is that easily understandable parameter data will allow a more fluid programming experience." Lots of discussion in the August thread "The Chroma Now Supports an External Alphanumeric Display."
In the thread Knob Boxes, Matt Thomas  announced his knob box project, based on a Behringer B-Control. See also Chromatrol, which includes B-Control template preset files and panel graphics.
- drehbank template, January – Doepfer Drehbank Chroma setup by Jesper Ödemark 
- Mechanics, July-August - replacement screws for the Chroma
- Bypassing the EQ, September
- Bootup problems, January
- Specific Chroma problems, March – problems after replacing the big blue cap on the power supply
- Control panel not responding; pt. 2, April
- Motherboard woes?, June, July, October
- Since we're talking repairs (voice card time), June
- Chroma EQ board ICs, July
- how to, July - failing voice boards
- CPS installed but with two malfunctioning keys, October - Pressure Sensor Kit installation
- Pressure sensor success, December - installation notes on SPSU, CC+ and pressure sensor