ChromaTalk Archives: 2003
There were over 300 postings in 2003 (with more than 100 in December alone, including 68 dedicated to troubleshooting Olli's newly acquired Chroma). Some of the highlights:
David Clarke [21030085++] posts an analysis of envelope attack, decay, and release times. There are plots of the voltage input to the channel VCA along with tables mapping envelope parameter values to times measured in milliseconds. See Attack Times (redux) in the December archive.
A spotting, on eBay.de, of a Chroma with what is presumably the Chroma Cult memory expander modification. These are quite rare. A stock Chroma holds 50 patches, and is boosted to 200 with this mod. Why there are four toggles instead of two, and what the additional knobs are, remains a mystery; the owner of this instrument has not been in touch. See A mod Chroma on Ebay.de (September).
A few others threads of note:
- Some Patches to Share - a few patches from David Clarke (April)
- Polaris Rev's - a comparison (with pictures) and discussion of the differences between the origina Chroma Polaris and the Polaris II (May)
- Error Messages/ Power Supply - troubleshooting voice cards and the power supply (May)
- When Z4 smokes it's very bad! - more troubleshooting of power supplies (July)
- My Chroma is not happy - troubleshooting voice cards and patch memory problems (September)
- Fixing voice cards (September)
- Attack Times - discussion of how "snappy" the Chroma keyboard and envelope is (October)
- "Red Chroma's" - explanation of the "Halloween" Chroma colour scheme, from the "screen printing guy" at ARP and Fender (November)